Saturday, January 29, 2011

GAMMY SMITH APPLE


[Editorial note: On February 17th GAM will go to a high school to encourage students to consider college, encourage them to hold a signature GAM charity event and to bestow honors on them for joining in on our GAMes. This excellent adventure was charted for us by our Commodore Alyssa D’Amico. This is the simple story of how we got GAMMY Smith Apples.]

At one of our GAM meetings, Judge Gregorek suggested that we engage our old high schools in our GAMes. I thought that contacting a high school that I had attended, The Smith School, would be great. When I called my old high school and told them what GAM is and what we had in mind, they were excited about it. 

In a follow up interview, Judge Gregorek and I shared the GAMarray Gazette, GAMbill and Treasured Moments, along with information about college. We explained what GAM is about and how it can help students. We all agreed that I would return on February 18th to make a presentation to the students.

The Smith School is a private school on the Upper West Side, serving 7th to 12th grade. We intend to run a little contest to get the students involved and interested in GAM. I look forward to making the speech and seeing all my old teachers! And that’s how GAM and The Smith School decided to shine together in the Big Apple. Would you like to plan something fun with your old high school or with your college peers? GAM it!
By Alyssa D'Amico

No comments: