Saturday, March 5, 2011

Captain's Log: The Path of Ugg

These are the voyages of the GAMship captains. Our second Captain's Log treks back to the second of only three captains to ever command GAM MA to date. Our first captain set a gallant precedent by turning over command of his ship before he graduated to facilitate a smooth transition. He turned his command over to Captain Tasnim Mansur.

Tasnim shares her memories of GAM with us:
Captain Tasnim Mansur, GAM MA Spring 2009
My favorite event was our Valentine Noir Masquerade Ball. We brought together some big organizations in NYIT, which probably had never happened before. My fondest memory of GAM, would be the friendships we stumble across.
Judge Gregorek is a genius, and knows what he wants and how to get it. Under his wings, I learned a lot about life, and how to face situations when they are unexpected. And with GAM, there was always something happening, and some event coming up. It was the best experience of my life. I learned how to time manage myself and others. I also realized at what point I may have too much on my plate, and how to prioritize all events coming up.
The main thing you learn being a part of GAM is that there are opportunities out there, but they will not come to you if you just sit there and wait. You have to be aggressive and you have to go out there and make things happen. GAM is excellent when it comes to teaching you how to network with others, and to collaborate with different organizations toward the same goal. And of course, the hours I spent in the office are simply priceless. Learning from Judge Gregorek was one of the most memorable times of my college career. Thanks Judge!!
Tasnim studied Communication Arts at NYIT and graduated in 2009. She is currently still leading students as an admissions counselor at St. Joseph's College. She is planning to pursue a Master's degree soon. She notes: "Maybe I will open up my own business, which may even have opportunities for GAM."

Captain Tasnim Mansur has a special place in our hearts for which she was awarded the very first Me Hearties pennant--to say how much we would miss her. Bon voyage, Captain Tasnim Mansur

No comments: